Healthy habits that go a long way
Once you experience a urinary tract infection, you’ll do whatever it takes to avoid another UTI. Unfortunately, there’s no foolproof way to prevent a UTI no matter how careful you are. Luckily, there are things you can do to try and reduce your risk of a UTI. The most important step is to talk with a professional about an appropriate urinary tract infection protection plan for you. He or she may prescribe an antibiotic, or suggest lifestyle changes that could help you avoid a UTI.
WHAT ELSE YOU CAN DO TO PROTECT THE URINARY TRACT:
- Drink lots of water. Then drink some more.
- Take a cranberry supplement or drink cranberry juice daily. Try AZO Cranberry® Caplets, AZO Cranberry® Softgels or AZO Cranberry® Gummies as a convenient way to maintain your healthy urinary tract without extra sugar.*
- Wipe from front to back when you go to the bathroom.
- If you are sexually active, go to the bathroom right after you have sex.
- Go to the bathroom as soon as you feel the need; don’t wait until the urge becomes strong.
- Use tampons instead of sanitary pads and change them every three to four hours.
- Wear clean cotton underwear that will allow air circulation and discourage the warm, moist environment necessary for bacteria growth.
- Don’t hang around in a wet bathing suit or on a damp towel. Get into dry stuff as soon as you can.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes like ultra skin-tight jeans.
HOW CAN CRANBERRIES HELP WITH MY URINARY HEALTH?
Studies show that cranberries, which are loaded with antioxidants, can help prevent bacteria in the urinary tract from attaching to the bladder wall. To get the benefits of cranberry juice with less sugar and calories try AZO Cranberry® Caplets, AZO Cranberry® Softgels or AZO Cranberry® Gummies, with Pacran®, a whole fruit cranberry powder (with the equivalent of 25,000 mg fresh cranberries per serving) which help flush to maintain urinary tract cleanliness.* Looks like you just found another excuse for a cosmo!
NOT ALL CRANBERRY IS CREATED EQUAL.
Cranberry is credited with a bevy of health benefits, but choosing the right cranberry supplement is critical to reaping the fruit’s powerful properties. AZO Cranberry® uses clinically proven Pacran®, a product of whole fruit cranberry that’s jam-packed with cranberry’s legendary antioxidants. In fact, just two AZO Cranberry® Caplets or AZO Cranberry® Gummies equal the same amount of cranberry found in one glass of cranberry juice!*†† Or you could drink 8-16 ounces of cranberry juice daily. But who likes cranberry juice that much?
Now that you have a game plan in place, you’ve taken that first step to a lifetime of good urinary health! If a UTI happens to interrupt your mojo, head this way for some tips on finding relief.